Today we will be finishing out labs on Newton's Second Law of Motion and Gravity and Orbits. You will have the class period to finish and some of tomorrow.
If you finish you can update your notebooks as we start another round of whiteboard discussions. Below you will see that each whiteboard has its own page in your notebook. Use the whiteboards to think through your questions when you have created the best answer take a picture with your computers and share the images with me. Please make sure that the images are clear and legible so that others can benefit from your vast knowledge. You may use your notebooks and any information we have collected from assignments to help you, you may NOT try to look up answers on the computer. Any questions you have already answered in your notebooks, you will need to add more information and add a deeper understanding.
UPDATE YOUR TOC
- ESS 1-4 Use mathematical or computational representations to predict the motion of orbiting objects in the solar system.
- PS 2-1 Analyze data to support the claim that Newton’s second law of motion describes the mathematical relationship among the net force on a macroscopic object, its mass, and its acceleration.
- PS 2-2 Use mathematical representations to support the claim that the total momentum of a system of objects is conserved when there is no net force on the system.
- PS 2-3 Apply scientific and engineering ideas to design, evaluate, and refine a device that minimizes the force on a macroscopic object during a collision.*
- PS 2-4 Use mathematical representations of Newton’s Law of Gravitation and Coulomb’s Law to describe and predict the gravitational and electrostatic forces between objects.
- HS-PS4-2.Evaluate questions about the advantages of using digital transmission and storage of information.
- HS-PS4-5.Communicate technical information about how some technological devices use the principles of wave behavior and wave interactions with matter to transmit and capture information and energy